1. NOMINATION. A network of experienced individuals involved in the education sector, Ashoka Fellows, and Ashoka partners nominate schools explaining why they are well -fit candidates. Schools may self nominate.
2. EXPLORATION. The school and Ashoka get to know each other via conversations with either an Ashoka staff member or a peer educator from the Changemaker School Network.
3. SELF-EVALUATION. The Change Leader and Change team completes a set of reflective questions about their work in relation to your school’s fit with the selection criteria. The purpose of this exercise is for the Change Team to have the opportunity to reflect on their work through a changemaking lens and to assess the whole ecosystem of changemaking at the school.
4. SITE VISIT. A half day visit by Ashoka to your school. This is a time for the Ashoka Empathy team to meet with key champions at your school and for you to share how you are creating a culture where children are empathetic leaders, capable of working in teams to solve problems. Schools have the opportunity to demonstrate the changemaking culture they’ve created on campus to Ashoka/community guests and convene area partners that amplify your school’s influence.
5. PANEL. The candidate school has individual conversations with three other leaders from within the Ashoka network – drawn from Ashoka Fellows, staff, Youth Venturers, business entrepreneurs, university leaders, and others – to better understand the school, exchange ideas, and evaluate a fit with the criteria.